Terms & Conditions of use
Access to and use of 'learningclip.co.uk' & 'learningclip.com' and any digital content therein either within the UK or internationally is provided by Learning Clip Ltd subject to the following terms:
- By using learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of either website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use or download content from learningclip.co.uk & learningclip.com.
- Learning Clip Ltd may from time to time change these terms so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com will be deemed acceptance of any updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using the websites.
- You agree to use learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com only for lawful purposes.
- Ownership of all copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on learningclip.co.uk and learningclip.com and all content (including all applications) located on the sites shall remain vested in Learning Clip Ltd or its licensors. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com content requires the prior written permission of Learning Clip Ltd.
- All accounts must be registered with a valid email address that you access regularly. We may require users to re-validate (within 5 working days) their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address. We reserve the right to close accounts. We advise you not to share your account details with any other party. Your Learning Clip account only allows one login at a time, if someone else uses your details to login while you are already logged in you will be automatically logged out.
- The 'Class Login' is intended for teachers who use Learning Clip in an ICT suite or Classroom where many children are working on many computers simultaneously, it is only to be used during weekdays between 08:00 and 17:30. Use of the class login under any other circumstances may result in your account being closed.
In the case of a School account the Learning Clip web platform that allows multiple user accounts to be created and managed
under a 'school' grouping. Learning Clip assumes that users who create school accounts are entitled to do so on behalf of their school. Additional conditions attach to
A School Account has to have at least one 'Admin' User. In the first instance this is the person who creates the School Account,
other users can also be assigned admin' status once the school account is created.
You can add up to 25 users to a school account. Where a user is already registered with learningclip.co.uk an invitation will be sent inviting
them to join the school's account. Where a new user is created an email will be sent inviting them to activate that account and join
the school's account. Where a user declines such an invitation their record will not be added to the school's account.
A user account can only belong to one school. Any user wishing to join another school account must either do so by using a different user account or by leaving their current school.
School Admin users have a limited ability to monitor the use of learningclip by other users in the same school account.
School Admin Users can purchase additional resources on a subscription basis
if you choose to subscribe to further resources the School Admin User(s) can allocate access to those resources to the other users in the school
For schools that have Promethean Activexpression equipment starting a school account allows you to use that equipment with the free
resources. If you purchase a subscription to additional resources you can opt to upgrade those to use with Activote or
Activexpression equipment, these features are only available to users belonging to a school account.
For schools that have tablets or other compatible devices starting a school account allows you to use that equipment with the free
resources. If you purchase a subscription to additional resources you can opt to upgrade those to use with those devices, these features are only available to users belonging to a school account.
The school account is not intended for the creation of accounts for pupils where we suspect this has occurred we may close the account.
- We reserve the right to close a school account or, where it is represented to us that the account creator did not have the necessary permissions to do so, transfer its control another party.
School accounts that have been unused will be periodically removed from the system and any user accounts contained therein will revert to
standard individual user accounts. User accounts created by a School Admin' User that are not activated within 28 days will be removed from the system.
Users belonging to a school account continue to be subject to the learning clip terms and conditions and privacy policies.
- If you're under 18 you must have a parent's or carer's permission before registering for an account with learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com.
- Learning Clip Ltd is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through learningclip.co.uk or learningclip.com. Any links to third party websites do not amount to an endorsement of those sites by Learning Clip Ltd and any use of such sites by you is at your own risk.
- learningclip.co.uk and learningclip.com content and services are provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, Learning Clip Ltd excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Learning Clip Ltd does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Learning Clip Ltd is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Learning Clip Ltd for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the websites.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Learning Clip Ltd's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, the Learning Clip Ltd shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of learningclip.co.uk and/or learningclip.com regardless of the form of action.
- Learning Clip Ltd does not warrant that functions available on learningclip.co.uk and/or learningclip.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that learningclip.co.uk and/or learningclip.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable. In case of controversy or inconsistency between translations of these Terms to other languages, the English version issued by Learning Clip Ltd shall prevail.
- The failure or delay of Learning Clip Ltd to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Learning Clip Ltd's right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.